WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system and it powers 18.9% of all websites on the internet. There are thousands of people working daily to keep this system up to date and working fantastically for users. So, why choose WordPress for your website?
1. Easily keep your content and information up to date.
WordPress is a “content management system” or CMS. The core purpose of a CMS is to make it easier to add and manage the content of a website.
With this system, you can make blog posts that attract readers and users to your website easily. At its core, this system is made for blogging and writing content. If you run a business, it is likely that there is information that would benefit your customers or potential clients.
The platform makes it easy to share content that is tailored to your audience. Without WordPress or another content management system, you would need to create a whole new page for each piece of content. Creating brand new pages for every post is not an efficient way to handle your website. This would be a drain on time and resources.
A content management system does not just simplify running a blog. It also allows you to make simple changes to your website and add new content for your readers. Doing this with WordPress and a page builder is much easier than trying to go through hundreds of lines of HTML code.
It is as simple as locating the page, making the change, and hitting “Publish”. Everything is user-friendly and easy to find. Gone are the days of spending an hour trying to update one bit of information on your website.
This is one of the greatest benefits of choosing WordPress for your business website. Users choose this platform because it is easy to customize and it is completely free unless you want to purchase premium themes and plugins.
2. Build your dream team and call all of the shots.
One of the greatest WordPress benefits is the ability to create user accounts and fully control their permissions with plugins.
If you are running a blog, it is possible to create a team of content creators. WordPress makes it easy to create a team to contribute to your website. You can edit your team’s permissions and dictate what they can edit on your website.
With permissions and user accounts, you can create a well-oiled machine for content creation. You don’t have to be a developer to update your website and your writers don’t either. User accounts, permissions, and blog posting are core components of WordPress and they are available out of the box.
With the use of plugins, you can fully customize your team’s dashboard view. You can regulate what your team posts and what control they have over your website.
If you are looking for the perfect system for content creation, consult with Noctem Media. We work with you to build a system to meet your needs.
3. Get more out of your website with plugins.
Plugins are among the most important benefits of WordPress. A plugin is a small piece of software that enhances the capabilities of WordPress. Using plugins gives you the ability to build anything and scale it with ease. If you are an experienced programmer, you can also write your own plugins.
Developers are constantly creating new plugins and functionalities to enhance the WordPress experience and help designers and business owners achieve their goals.
If you have an idea for your website, there is probably a plugin that can help.
Check out this list of my favorite plugins that I use regularly in my work.
1. W3 Total Cache: This plugin was built to manage the caching on your website. Configuring your cache settings will greatly improve the speed of your website. W3 Total Cache gives you all of the options that you need to customize your cache settings and make your website run lightning fast.
2. Duplicator: I swear by this plugin. This a freemium plugin but the free version gives you all of the functionality that you need. You can create website backups and restore them easily.</p.
This plugin creates site packages that you can quickly download and install on any web server. It is great for restoring your website in a disaster or moving your website to a new hosting provider.
3. Yoast SEO: This plugin gets you on the right track to improve your SEO. Use this freemium SEO plugin to optimize your website for search engines and draw more potential customers to your business. Yoast gives you recommendations and essential tools to improve your search engine presence.
4. WP Bakery Page Builder: This plugin makes updating your website a breeze. You can add new elements, update current content, and design full website layouts without programming knowledge. If you are looking for an alternative to coding every website change, check out WPBakery.
5. WooCommerce: This plugin is the leader in online shopping. Building an e-commerce website with this plugin is the best way to harness the power of WordPress to build your online store.
There are nearly 29,000 plugins in the WordPress repository and a new one is added just about every hour. If you want it done, there is probably a plugin for it. Plugins can also be used to build a contact form, improve your social networking strategies, or implement new security measures.
These are just a few examples of amazing plugins. Spend some time digging through the plugin repository to get a full view of all that you can accomplish.
4. Take advantage of millions of themes to achieve your design goals.
WordPress themes give you the ability to accomplish any design goal that you have in mind. Every theme can be edited with the theme editor. You have a few options when it comes to developing your website.
- You can use a free theme provided by WordPress and add all of your content.
- A web developer can build a fully custom theme for your business.
- A web developer can customize a premium theme to fit your business.
Millions of websites are powered by WordPress and they do a great job of hiding it. Just because you use this powerful tool doesn’t mean everyone has to know it. This system is far different from website builders like Squarespace or Wix and much more powerful than blogging platforms like Blogger and Tumblr.
This is a full website solution designed to build professional, enterprise-grade websites. This is one of the benefits that put it above every other website builder or blogging platform. You have the power and ability to have any website you want.
Spend some time browsing through these websites to find a theme that works for you.
- The WordPress Theme Repository (Free, GPL licensed themes)
- ThemeForest (Premium Paid Themes)
Once you find a theme, you can fully customize it or hire a web designer to do it for you. You can also consult with a professional to find a theme for you and turn it into something that completely matches your goals.
If you are looking for a company to put WordPress to work for you, consult with Noctem Media. We specialize in WordPress sites specifically and we want your website to succeed.
5. WordPress is easy to set up and use.
Purchase a domain name, configure your hosting, install WordPress, and start designing.
Setting up your WordPress website is much easier than most traditional methods. It allows you to complete a fast installation and start the design process. There is no need to configure thousands of lines of code to get online.
Here are the steps to setting up WordPress:
- Register a domain name for your website. Choosing a domain should be one of the most important steps as this will be your name on the web. To find an available domain name, use Instant Domain Search.
- Choose a hosting provider that gives you the features you want for a decent price. Don’t just choose the cheapest hosting package you can find. Think of your hosting provider as the engine in a car. You want something that is going to work and perform well. Noctem Media offers a website management package where we choose the best hosting for you and completely manage and monitor your website. This will give you peace of mind so you can focus on running your business or website.
- Once you choose your hosting, you will need to create a database. Most hosting providers make this process easy. When the database is created, you will need to copy down the database information that you are given. This is usually your username, password, and database host. You will need this when you install WordPress.
- At this point, you have a domain name, a hosting provider, and a database. You now need to install WordPress on your website host. Some providers offer installation right from the dashboard. You can also upload the source files via FTP. This is usually done by your web developer. If you hire a website developer, you will not need to worry about any of this.
- After WordPress has been installed uploaded to your web hosting, you can access it by typing your domain name into your web browser. From that point, you will complete the simple installation steps.
WordPress offers a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and install. If you are looking for a solution that gives you unlimited potential to design exactly what you want, you’ve found it.
If you have been thinking about hiring a professional to set up your WordPress website, check out our article about hiring a web designer for your business.
I hope this helps you better understand why WordPress is a solid choice when deciding how to build your website. With the use of themes and plugins, a masterful web designer, and the vision to build something great, WordPress can help revolutionize your online presence.
Noctem Media can help you build the perfect website. We guide you step by step to get the best results possible. We also offer management features to keep your website running perfectly. We can assist in content updates, plugin updates, backups, security auditing and more. Learn more about our web design services.
Ignatiuslab - January 26, 2022
Hello, This is really too useful and have more ideas from yours. keep sharing many techniques. eagerly waiting for your new blog and useful information……nice…….
Visit website: “https://ignatiuslab.in/”